REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The volunteer organizers of the Portland, Oregon World Naked Bike Ride are seeking a poster designer that can capture the spirit of the event. Every year thousands of nude supporters gather in a lighthearted protest against our dependency on fossil fuels. Participants also bring awareness to the vulnerability of cyclists, and celebrate body positivity. It is a big, beautiful, free event open to all individuals and their human powered forms of transportation – especially cycling.
The design of an 11 x 17 poster graphic with output for web, ads (animated, multiple size), and print (paper, sticker, swag). In order to account for printing needs, some of the collateral will need to be two-colored.
- Proficient with preparing print-ready art
- Ability to create web and print ads
- Open to constructive criticism
- A commitment to the World Naked Bike Ride’s cause
Artists will be chosen by a committee of World Naked Bike Ride organizers and former poster designers.
Applicants must submit the following to email@example.com before 3/4/19:
- Five unique examples of related work (digital images attached or linked)
- A link to your website/portfolio, if applicable
- A few sentences about how you would approach this project and previous experience
- Have you ridden on a World Naked Bike Ride? Tell us about it!
THIS IS NOT A POSTER CONTEST. Do not create a World Naked Bike Ride poster design for us at this time. That will be the job of the artist who is chosen based on the materials submitted.
March 4th Deadline for RFQ responses
March 8th Artist chosen and confirmed
March 22nd Review of initial concepts
March 25th One social-media worthy “teaser” image and/or 30 second video submitted
April 1st WNBR committee reviews most up-to-date art
April 8th Poster art and social media assets finalized and approved
April 15th Web ads and swag (sticker and seat cover) design deadline
May 13th Print ads deadline